Wednesday, May 26, 2010

End Of Term Reflection

This term, 2-D art has been very fun for me. Over time my focus on my work increased on my work and it showed through the art work itself. 2-D art started off as a bit of challenge after coming out of sculpture. It was hard to make a 2-D figure without wanting to make something pop out of it! My favorite project was drawing from observation- symbolic still life. I glued the lollipops to their wrappers so they unraveled perfectly against the white board they were mounted to. The crinkles in the wrapper was quite a challenge to draw and shade in. I was very proud of the still life lollipops that I drew. I spent days on one lollipop in order to perfect the shading, but it was hard to work with the sunlight that was always changing. The product came out just the way I wanted it to. I was very excited to execute my idea for the language project. I was going to collage a school bus out of magazines and put small text on the windows that symbolize youth. I was able to start the bus which was coming out very well. I enjoy collaging because it is usually something I can do pretty well, I discovered this this year in afternoon art. I'm looking forward to doing portfolio and senior studio next year with a new interest in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment